Friday 27 March 2015

Waterloo buildings part 7 - Gemioncourt farm

This is my version of Gemioncourt (a farm south of Quatre Bras). I found some photos and paintings but they just show the gate, so I used satellite images to get the layout of the farm and then found the most suitable buildings from various manufacturers.

[post updated after I realised I had misspelled the name!]

The buildings are:

  • big barn is from a La Haye Sainte model from Germany; 
  • the long barn in the near corner is from the same La Haye Sainte set;
  • the main house is a J&R municipal building (I cut off the low wall in front of the entrance steps);
  • the short barn next to the main building is a piece cut of a J&R barn (the rest of it is in my Hougoumont, version 1);
  • the 2 barns side by side are J&R;
  • the gate and walls by the gate are from a GHQ gate set;
  • the other walls are cut from the La Haye Sainte set.

The base is approximately 15cm by 15cm.

I took photos as I was going along and will do a post on a tutorial tomorrow, mainly on the basing but I will cover the basic painting technique.


The trees are Timecast.






A barrel from Perfect Six.




A couple of smaller barrels from Perfect Six.


Haystacks are Timecast, the sacks are Pendraken 10mm.


Wheel from an Adler cannon.


Now with some troops in for a size comparison.





The Waterloo buildings I have done so far are:

Quatre Bras
La Belle Alliance
Papelotte
La Haie (La Haye)
La Haye Sainte
Hougoumont (version 1)

Also, for an easy way to see all my Napoleonic posts check out the Napoleonic summary page.

1 comment: