Monday 18 April 2016

German captured Shermans

I had a spare Takara Sherman Firefly and a Gramodels Sherman (a resin kit) that I had bought as a test model but was not quite the same size as my Takara models so made them into captured tanks. I added German crosses in a layout from a picture of an actual captured Sherman.





A few closer shots of the Gramodels tank as that will be less familiar to people than the Takara model I suspect




And some comparisons to the Takara model. Gramodels are supposed to be 1/150 but the size differences are not the same on all dimensions. On height and width they are very similar but the Gramodels version is quite a bit shorter on the body length.






For an easy way to see all my WW2 posts check out the WW2 Summary page.

No comments:

Post a Comment