Monday 31 August 2015

Stug III company - with foliage camouflage

I recently did a tutorial for adding realistic foliage camouflage to 10mm tanks. I have now done the full Stug III company - two platoons of 5 tanks each and a command HQ of two vehicles. Because the foliage is very bespoke each tank is unique and gives a really nice effect. Once you have done one it is quite easy to do and pretty quick. I tended to cut about 6 to 8 bits, glued them and then added to several vehicles so that I gradually gave each on a full set of 'branches'. I would then do the 'leaves' on the 3 or 4 vehicles with branches on while the next batch were drying enough to move on to the next stage.







About half of the Stugs have 10th SS divisional markings but you will need to click the photo to expand to see it!





For an easy way to see all my WW2 posts check out the WW2 Summary page.

3 comments:

  1. This looks fun!
    Where do you get the Takara stuff from?
    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeremy. Some Takara stuff I bought when they were still on sale, some since on ebay (but only the really common things are easy to get now) but I got the Stugs last time I visited Taiwan as easier to get things in bulk at a decent price over there

    ReplyDelete